I’ve got wanderlust! Once it’s safe to travel again, I’d love to go on a trip. Here are fifteen places I’d love travel to.
1. Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. I have some family ties to the United Kingdom. I am of Scots-Irish heritage and both my siblings have studied abroad in the United Kingdom. My brother specifically studied last year in Swansea. Swansea sounds like such a beautiful area in Wales, and I would love nothing more than to explore that region, especially on a big trip to Britain and Ireland.
2. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The 2010 Winter Olympics really enticed me to visit this elegant Canadian city. From what I see in photos, it seems like a great place to go out and enjoy nature. I live in a state where hiking, skiing, and snowboarding are very popular outdoor activities. Vancouver seems like just the place to do that whilst traveling internationally.
3. San Diego, California, United States. I remember wanting to go to San Diego in 2018 to celebrate a beloved San Diego Padres player’s Hall of Fame Induction, but it wasn’t meant to be. There are so many beautiful areas and eye-catching attractions in the city that I am itching to go there, hopefully one day for my birthday. I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to go to Padres Fan Fest. I would have gone to the most recent one, had it not been for food poisoning and the fact I was literally hundreds of miles away.
4. Cleveland, Ohio, United States. This one may or may not be surprising. Yes, I really want to go there to see the close friends of the Colorado Rockies, the Cleveland Indians. In addition, I’m tempted to visit this northern Ohio city because of the song “Cleveland Rocks” by a band called The Presidents of the United States. Sometimes, I have to wonder if there’s a hidden meaning in the song. I have to wonder if they weren’t just singing an appreciation song for the city, what if they were also subtly describing the music scene in the city? If that is true, I’d love to explore the musical and artistic culture as well.
5. Kingston, Jamaica. I wrote a news media report on Jamaica for a reason. I really would love to visit this very elegant-looking country. It seems like a beach heaven with elegant walking spots, too. I’d love to go here as a present for Christmas or my birthday. If I ever got married, I would love the chance to go to Jamaica on my honeymoon.
6. Paris, France. The Eiffel Tower, the Triumph Arc, the Cathedral of Notre Dame. These are just three of the reasons I’d love to visit Paris. I had dreams of visiting the capital of France when I was in seventh grade. I’d love to explore the shops and restaurants in Paris. The culture seems amazing!
7. Barcelona, Spain. I feel as if Barcelona is an extremely elegant place. It sounds full of culture, full of beauty, full of fun. It sounds like a wonderful place to shop and dine. It would be a wonderful place to go sightseeing and go on brisk walks. I’m also curious to see what the sports culture would be like in that city.
8. Bethany Beach, Delaware, United States. Bethany Beach sounds like a beautiful tourist destination on the eastern coast of the United States. I really would like to physically be in all of the 50 U.S. states, also I have some family ties to the state of Delaware. Bethany Beach would be a wonderful place to get away from the stresses of the world. I will also be able to connect to family ties. Big bonus!
9. Washington, District of Columbia, United States. Ah, yes, the capital of the United States. Something I would like to do the most is see a Washington Nationals game at Nationals Park, also known as the 2019 World Series Champions. I also have small family and friendly ties to D.C. Something I really hope to see is the cherry blossoms. They seem so beautiful.
10. Canyonlands National Park, Utah, United States. I would love to ride the rapids in this national park. It would be a very brave thing for me to do. I can’t get over how gorgeous this park looks, according to advertising I have seen. I love national parks. They are elegant and wonderful places to just clear your head and get fresh air.
11. Capitol Reef National Park, Utah, United States. From what I’ve seen in the Mighty Five ad campaign for Utah tourism, the stars at night are elegant here. I would love to camp out in the backseat of a Jeep Renegade, then see the stars in Capitol Reef. Oddly specific for the make and model of car, I know. However, one of my biggest dream vacations is a trip to all of the national parks in Utah.
12. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, United States. Orange castles made of rocks while riding mule-back? Sign me up! There’s just something about the color orange that just brings joy to my heart. It’s a calming, energetic color. I’d love to be surrounded by it.
13. Zion National Park, Utah, United States. Can you say, “walking in a river quite literally?” From photos I’ve seen, Zion National Park literally is a super scenic hike that will literally let you hike through a river. Getting a scenic hike in and keeping cool by walking in the water? That’s a combination I like!
14. Johannesburg, South Africa. I’m very interested in the history and culture of South Africa. I want to see how apartheid affected tourism in the country and see what Johannesburg has to offer. It will be a series of long flights, but it will be worth it. I bet it has a great music and visual arts scene.
15. Florence, Italy. Both my sister and my mother traveled to Italy. I have a scarf from Florence that my sister gifted me. I would love to experience Florence for myself. I bet it has amazing food and shopping options.
What are some places you’d like to travel to? Let me know in the comments below.